Claim Form & Billing Set-Up

This page provides information for Independent Practice Network (IPN) members on the claim forms used for billing and how to submit claims, set up electronic billing with CDHA-ACDHnetTM, commonly known as CDHAnetTM, and direct deposit, update your business information, and register with the Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) program.

CDHA National Dental Hygiene Claim Form

CDHA’s National Dental Hygiene Claim Form is for the use of independent dental hygienists.

Completed claim forms may be printed and submitted by mail to the insurance companies, either by the client or by the dental hygienist on behalf of their client. To submit claims electronically (EDI), you must purchase appropriate software and enrol in CDHAnet™.

Sun Life offers an email claims system in lieu of mailing claims or EDI. Visit CDHA’s Insurance Claims Support page for more details as well as insurance company contact information.

*It’s important to determine ahead of time if your client’s dental benefits plan accepts independent dental hygienists as eligible health care providers.

CDHA Standard Dental Hygiene Referral Form

Completed forms may be printed and used by the dental hygienist when referring clients to other health care professionals.


Having issues with submitting claims? Troubleshooting steps:

  1. Contact the insurance company
  2. Contact your software vendor
  3. Contact your messaging service (TELUS or instream)
  4. Contact CDHA

Questions for CDHA:

Phone: 1-800-267-5235 or (613) 224-5515 x300