Share your knowledge with your colleagues!
We are looking for interesting and informative material to publish in Oh Canada! and are seeking authors to submit short articles. Articles are accepted from members, dental industry partners, interprofessional partners, and others. Each issue will feature a special FOCUS section on a specific topic (see below) as well as regular columns:
- Dental Hygiene at Home and Away
- Work-Life Wellness
- Student Scene
- Talking Ethics
- The Lighter Side
- The Business of Dental Hygiene
- Inter professional Collaboration
And special features on any topic you feel will be of interest to your fellow dental hygienists.
Submissions should be 150-800 words with photos and/or video clips.CDHA reserves the right to edit for length and clarity.
Word count guidelines for sponsored feature articles (including references)
One page article: If text only (not recommended) 800 words. With one or two medium size images restrict to 600 words. Multiple images, large images or table(s), restrict to 400 words.
Two page article: If all text (not recommended) 1,600 words. With two - four medium size images restrict to 1,200 words. More than four images, large images or tables, restrict to 800 words.
Four page spread: If all text (not recommended) 3,200 words. With 5 or 6 medium size images, restrict to 2,400 words. More than six images, large images or tables restrict to 1,600 words.
Future FOCUS topic areas
Upcoming topics for 2015/2016
- Spring 2016 Dental Hygiene and Oral Cancer Screening – Deadline February 1
- Summer 2016 The Dental Hygienist and Dental Implants – Deadline June 1
- Fall/Winter 2016 Boomers on the Horizon: Oral Health for Older Adults - Deadline October 1
We look forward to having you help us build an incredible new professional resource.
Please submit questions or content to Angie D'Aoust.
Contributor checklist for authors
Have you ensured the following:
Fall/Winter: October 1
Spring: February 1
Summer: June 1
- Word count: 400-800 words proofed. CDHA uses CP style for this publication.
- Statements of fact should be supported. Directly quoted material must cite references.
- References organized in a consistent, recognized style. (APA, Vancouver etc.)
- Images: photo/graphics/tables and/or video clip of suitable size and resolution with cutlines/captions.
- Author photo provided: minimum 1" x 1" individual head and shoulders snapshot
- Photo release form completed. Download document
- Copyright check. If you use photos/graphics/images/graphs/illustrations that do not belong to you, you must have permission and credit the source.
- Interesting title for your article provided.
- Author credentials included at top of article
- Author email address/website address that may be published included at top of article
- Acknowledge that CDHA reserves the right to edit/alter articles for length or clarity without re-submitting to author.